isolation transformer

I think I missed something in middle, like carbon trace resistors.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Isolating transformers are not eh same animal as small appliance transformers. For the latter, you only need to get up to 12VA to get 15% regulation and 50VA to get 10%. Isos are more typically 500VA or more.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Sola-type CV transformers put out a wretched wave-form. If your connected d evice is sensitive to mains noise, they will not work out so well. They wil l also back-feed noise in some cases.

It is important to understand that a purpose-made isolation transformer is designed not to sag, and is not-ever-never-ever operated at the margins of its theoretical design. They are operated at a limit well below their theor etical capacity for just this reason. Back-to-back kluges are the product o f desperation or a McGyver type with a small brain, emphatically not any so rt of long-term or permanent application.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Which is why I have one of their later "Harmonically compensated" models.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi