IR Motion Sensor Question

Hi I'm building a security system for my apt. building, and will be using those IR motion sensors that turn on floodlights. Is it OK to connect an inductive load (a transformer) in parallel with the floodlight? Thanks Bill

Header address is a spam trap. E-mail: oldcoot88atwebtv.net Change 'at' to @

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Bill -

Assuming the secondary of the transformer is connected to a resistive load, then I don't think the primary will look inductive. A good power transformer simply reflects the secondary load back to the primary, modified by the turns ratio. There is leakage inductance, of course, but it presents a tiny load, especially compared to the floodlight in parallel with it.

You should be good to go.

Bill Sheppard wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

hello I used a 230v to 9v transformer in one of the light sockets to operate a siren instead of the globe worked for years

David

Reply to
david

Reply to