Insignia NS-PDP42 Repair

Hi all, I picked up an Insignia NS-PSDP42 TV. Symptom: Push power switch, relay clicks, then 3 seconds later it unclicks. I seem to be missing voltages out of the power supply PCB, from what little info I have gleaned off the net so far. I don't want to buy a new power supply PCB, I'd rather replace defective components. Does anyone have a schematic or experience with this problem. I see a common problem are 4 bad caps, but mine look and test good. Darn it!

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

You didn't say whether you tested ESR or capacitance. Some electrolytics need to be ultra-low ESR types so the reading might look good enough but isn't.

In the UK, some consumer equipment parts sellers offer PSU refurb kits (usually mostly the electrolytics known to cause trouble) If you're trading and charging the going rate it worth the price of a refurb kit to reduce the chances of a return.

Reply to
Ian Field

Couple of days ago someone threw a Samsung flatscreen in the binroom at the flats, all the brackets & pedestal were missing so I stripped it to harvest the SMD ceramic chip capacitors, the yield was a bit disapointing but I got

10x largish one's that read over 11uF

Everytime I see one of those opened up - I wonder whether the backlight CCFL transformers would be any good for homebrew stun-guns.

Reply to
Ian Field

If I have to junk this one, I'll get plenty of parts from it first. Probably just remove the pcb's and hold them for parts. Mikek Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Exactly what I did with the one I dragged out the bin, it had a few bulged lytics - on more than one board.

So far I've used one of the >10uF SMD ceramics in the remote for my HiFi, the weedy lytic on the battery tracks was marginal at best and performance suffered from day 1 - I had to sit there pressing a button till something happened!

With the SMD ceramic added it just works with no faffing about.

Reply to
Ian Field

You do enjoy using the vernacular! (This does go across the pond!)

Reply to
Bob_Villa

And septics don't?!

Reply to