Insignia NS-HDTUNE Take Apart/Exploration

They absorbed Temic, a.k.a. Telefunken's IC operation. They did at least a half a dozen "single chip radio" parts.

Atmel's website is where I ended up when I was looking for the IC datasheet to repair an '80s vintage GE under the shelf digital clock radio.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Bookmarked.

Wow is right. I saw the other birds at Loral's web site along with all the others they made. The new FM5 is going to stream video maybe that's the reason for the dramatic increase in size.

Klaatu obviously bit off way more than it could chew. Funny how some people have to sock up to attempt to insult others. I've never seen the nick before this incarnation.

Reply to
Meat Plow

No. I have three vehicles, all with Sirius. Two are after-market, one factory. None have them have ever worked when pulled into my garage, wooden roof with asphalt shingles, no ceiling, nothing above them except roof. The one in the Caddy (Xact Visor) will lose signal going down a tree lined lane in the summer time. No repeaters in my rural area. I find you're statement that satellite radio will work in a covered area to be highly suspect. And I can only assume that you've discovered how to use Google.

Reply to
Klaatu

I could care less what you have, bitch. Go away I'm not interested in your lies.

Welcome to my kill filter until you sock up as someone else.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Has nobody tried to do these short connections using IR or visible light? No legal problems, and no interference problems.......

Years ago I did some experimenting with a ten by ten array of cheap IR diodes, AM modulated at 1MHZ, and sending the ac foto current of the receiver into the antenne inpust of a 10 dollar AM radio to receive/amplify the signal(choose frequency to use a quiet place in the band). Rather promishing results.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Ah yes, of course, mindless immature insults. Typical. Poor meat head.

Reply to
Klaatu