I need help with fixing a Tektronix 2245A oscilloscope (long)

In the real world, it is a pain in the ass to carry yet another item you don't need. Just about any manual for a Tek scope is available in .pdf format. Burn them to a disk or a USB stick and carry them that way.

I have almost a dozen Tek scopes, and only have about a half dozen paper manuals. I can print out the pages I need from a PDF, and if it's searchable I can export the parts list into a text file to make notes on without worrying about messing up a paper manual.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael Black prodded the keyboard

Mr Terrell beat me to it :-) Yes the scope had a pouch that fastened to the top. In my case it was removed so that it would fit into the soft carry bag. I used to keep the mains lead under the plastic front panel cover along with the pair of scope probes.

--
Best Regards:
                       Baron.

I agree it's annoying when someone doesn't take proper care of something like this, but who knows how many times it's changed hands. Actually, it's very clean inside but the CRT shield is a little scratched; in addition to the pouch and the manual, these things also originally came with a plastic front cover to prevent this.

Chris B.

The operators manual! Thank you very much, I couldn't find this anywhere and I really do need it. The service manual seems to be the same scan as the electrotanya one. From looking at the specs PDF, it seems that the pouch and front cover was a $60 option - that explains why so many that are being sold used are lacking them.

Thanks, I'm not a big fan of private groups. Imagine all the knowledge that will be lost when yahoo suddenly decides to scrap them.

Chris B.

There are people on that group that have farmed all the message history just for that reason. Neo was kind of a wakeup call.

Reply to
Tom Miller

I have a zip of everything up to a few months ago. One of the moderators created it, and a number of the group downloaded it. I have every message posted after that, sorted by model number or subject for non model specific items

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I am trying my best to live without printing anything. Why do you need so many scopes? Do you sell them?

Reply to
dave

knowledge that will be lost when yahoo suddenly decides to scrap them. "

That is why we are on Usenet. Kinda like P2P when it came. Cannot kill it.

Reply to
jurb6006

I use some, others are collectibles like the Tek 323 and 324 that I am restoring. I have two of each. Some are for NTSC video work. I have two 2465 and one 2465A. The one I've had the longest is a 453A. I like good analog scopes. :)

is a nice resource for people who use or collect older Tek scopes.

I have somewhere around a thousand printed service manuals. Most were made before PDF was common.