I Don't Get It!

Okay, the new channel 32.2 has started broadcasting and I get it on two of the converter boxes in the house, but on the DTV box in my room, all I get is audio and a black screen which says "Audio Service." I paid a good deal of money for the DTV converter, so I expect it to do everything it's supposed to do. Does anyone know why I can't get the proper picture, and what can be done to fix this?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

On 1/3/2011 2:04 AM D Yuniskis spake thus:

Yes. And lots of people (most?) think that it's *all* digital (including the RF parts), and therefore somehow magical and not at all prone to the kinds of problems experienced with the bad old "analog" TV (ghosting due to multipath propagation, etc.)

(Well, presumably not most of the people *here*, but ...)

   who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
   that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Play with your antenna. You will discover all sorts of magical, unexplained behaviors just by moving the receiver (antenna) up, down, rotated, etc.

Ain't DTV fun? We get entirely different channels in two rooms separated by 30 ft!

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Canon had problems with some of its sensors. I don't know if that applied to this model.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Canon makes a DTV converter?

Meat Plow

Duh... I'm getting old. I must have answered the wrong post.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I don't know who makes the other two converters but they aren't DTV, and now I wish I hadn't bought this in the forst place but I liked the timers. Anywho... I tried the antenna and still get zip even at a signal strength of 86 wich is pretty good even for the stations I do get.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

On 1/3/2011 6:49 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

Y'know, William, it would really help if you'd quote the message you're replying to, or at least a snippet of it ...