How to take apart Compaq 2103 laptop

Hi. I have a Compaq Presario 2103 laptop that won't charge. I think the problem is in the power jack. I have tried taking it apart to solder the jack, but apparently there are two screws in the middle of the computer that can't be accessed from the bottom or top. I think I see the bottom (not the head) of one screw beneath the plastic around where the memory plugs in. I think the heads of these two screws must be under the spacebar or under something else that is under the spacebar. Do you have any suggestions?

--Bob

Reply to
BobH

See if the keyboard can be unclipped from the top. My Toshiba has a decorative section at the base of the keyboard that unclips to allow the keyboard to be lifted out.

Wes.

Reply to
Wes

"BobH" wrote in news:1174755807.724229.65130 @e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

You need the factory service manual, which has step by step instructions. Download here (6MB PDF):

Jim Land

Thank you very much, Jim. This looks very helpful. It may convince me that I shouldn't try it, but even if I don't use the manual for this repair I'll probably find it useful in the future.

Reply to
BobH