How to identify token ring baluns and adapter without opening the device?

I've a large qty of different token ring IBM cabling system to RJ45 baluns (or adapters?) here. Unfortunately the baluns/adapters often are not labeled or the labelling isn't unequivocal. I tried it with simple ohmometric measurements, but the results are rather confusing , and I doubt, that is possible to separate baluns and adapters by ohmometric measurements alone. Does anybody here have an idea, how to simply identify baluns and adapters?

Reply to
Ackermann Karl