Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed ASAP

Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a

208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast 2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA
Reply to
rockfred

It sounds like the netural wire if disconnected somewhere. The toaster may only use 110 per side and not 220 to run the elements, pushing both levers down completes the circuit by applying 220 across both elements making them heat up. Another test you could do is check the case to a known ground like a screw on an outlet or a copper water pipe with a meter while only one side is pushed down. If there is any measureable voltage, the netural is floating and the unit is unsafe for use. The problem could be either the outlet is incorrectly wired or the wiring in the unit is faulty.

Reply to
ohiodesperado

Not a chance in the world that this is the case. UL would not approve it, insurance companies would not go for it, no *competentant* engineer would go for it. In short this is not reality in any way shape or form. Not withstanding the fact that a 220 (240) volt appliance doesn't have a neutral line.

Again...

WHere'd you get that idea?

Finally said one thing I agree with...

Not very likely... Three wires, ground (greeen) and two power.

Or there is a defective component inside the unit. I doubt the wiring just jumped up and changed itself...

Reply to
PeterD

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:13:30 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

If you can find a patent number, try searching here:

Otherwise have a look at how other 4-slice toasters work:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar