Hitachi scope p.s. troble

Hi, that damn things overloads? When powered up as is the output voltages are ~40% too low. Then when I disconnect ie 12V or 55V load everything seems to run fine, ie voltages are right and adjustment works fine. The only difference , it runs twice too fast (by checking waveform 1). Could it be the transformer?(maybe primary winding has short?) Here's the schematic:

janek77

First place I'd be looking, is at the electrolytics. Either run an ESR meter across them all, or look at each rail with another 'scope. Chances are, you'll find one with shedload of hash on it. Particularly suspect any that are near anything else that gets hot.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I've looked into that allready, replaced them both. No change. Anybody knows of a way to check transformer windings for shorts? Thanks

Reply to
janek77