Hewlett Packard 850c printer

My Hewlet Packard 850c computer printer flashes the resume button led every time I switch on, and if I switch the printer off and on, it will eventually work ok. If I leave it to warm up and then switch it off and back on it is ok. Whilst in the flashing led symptom the catridge carriage is at the centre of travel. What could be the problem here. I am thinking could it be an electrolytic capacitor playing up, but what area to look. They all appear fine to look at. Thanks, David

Reply to
David Sewell

Hi Dave,

Check and clean the contact pads on the head carriage and cartridges. Use a soft non-shedding cloth or pad with alcohol.

Wes.

Reply to
Wes.

Centre of travel...that means the logicboard "sees" that the lid is opened. Maybe you can check the switch of that?

--
mistermaniac
Reply to

on,

am

Thanks for the advice Wes, But, unfortunately it made no difference. I found the best way to get to use the printer is to leave it on with the problem, and after about five minutes switch it off and back on again. It will then work fine. It repeats the problem always after it has been off for an extended period.

David

Reply to
David Sewell