HELP - SANSUI G-7500

I have a Sansui G-7500 purchased new in 1978 with intermittent (dirty) volume & tone controls and intermittent or dirty switches which cause the output signal to cut in and out. I've tried cleaning them from inside, but most of these parts look as though you'd have to destroy them to disassemble them. Does anyone know if replacement parts are available?

Thanks.

Ed P.

Reply to
Ed Petruskavich

A proper cleaning technique is what is required. One must understand how the switches and controls are constructed, and how they work. One sprays a bit of the appropriate cleaner (Caig De-Oxit) into the moving and stationary contacts, exercise the control, and usually repeat for good measure. It is often necessary to hold the unit at some impossible angle so the cleaner can get where it needs to be, and often it's a good idea to pack tissue around the control to catch runoff. I will also often blast out the control with compressed air in between the two cleaning treatments.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias