HDLP50W151YX1 Problem

Set turns on and may work normally for a few minutes if starting from cold. Lamp goes out, colour wheel spins down, audio remains, lamp starts up again. It (the lamp) will continue cycling while audio stays constant. Chipper Chek says "lamp failure" no other fault codes generated.Lamp checks good in another set. Any thoughts?

Reply to
radio.mapleleaf

Ballast? What voltage do you have on the lamp? As it nears 125 volts, if I remember right, it is telling you the lifespan is about over. I think new is around 75 volts getting higher as it ages.

Reply to
cummings

Get a new lamp. that's the common symptoms. Expect to pay some money! I paid $412.00 bucks for a lamp replacement assembly for a RCA 61" DLP.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

Thanks for the suggestions. Both lamps which were working intermittantly, needed more than 140 volts to maintain an arc. Over

144 volts and the lamp would go out. A third lamp which I scrapped out of an LG light eng> snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Reply to
radio.mapleleaf