Generic DVD writer DD1203 16X

Ok. so this is playing DVD's and reading CD's and all but all of a sudden will not burn with Nero or any other program. My secondary wont burn as I have set it to slave (which I will set to master in a few seconds) but, how do I fix the Master? It sounds like it is trying to burn then it sounds like it starts all over....almost sounds like the track is stuck and will not continue to burn because it is stuck....I'm looking into if I have a warranty with staples for this piece of junk....uh...it's only junk cause it isn't doing what it is supposed to do...hahaha....

If anyone can help....I'd greatly appreciate it...OH>..Yes I have cleaned it with compressed air and a cd cleaner....

NO...I have not ripped it open to see if there is dust collected on the track...why? cause the sticker on there says "void warranty if torn" and well, like I said...I'm hoping I bought warranty on it....

Thanks in advance....

Reply to
macaddiction01

If it's under warranty, why not just take it back?

And, you can burn to either master or slave. You have a choice in the software. BYW, there is no physical 'track' inside the machine.

Regards Lee

Reply to
Lee

May be a software problem. Better to ask in a DVD group. Give drive & disc brand, any error messages and version of Nero. Could be bad discs. Try a quality disc like Verbatim or Tayo-Yuden(sp?).

Reply to
T Shadow