GE Transistor P15063

I am trying to fix a friend's guitar amplifier. He has a blown P15063 transistor (labeled GE) . It looks like a TO-202 case, except it doesn't have a hole in the heat sink. The transistor is obviously obsolete, as I can't find it in the NTE/ECG cross lists. Any other places I can look for a sub? Thanks for any help, Mike

Reply to
Michael Fiedler

When in doubt, if all else fails, figure out if it's PNP or NPN and try something that fits. Measure the voltage and current while it still works and then you'll have a guide to a better choice if it blows. Don't get too hung up on other factors. An exact replacement is nice but working is working.

NSM