Garmin Forerunner 305 buttons

The power button on a Garmin 305 is covered by a thin rubber sheet that is part of the watch body. The sheet covers a small plug that goes inside the watch to contact a micro-switch. Over time the rubber deteriorates until the rubber plug falls out and the watch is exposed to rain, and the on/off has to be activated by a toothpick.

I have tried putting my own plug in place and covering it with a dollop of silicone, but that only lasts a few weeks before it peels off.

I would appreciate any suggestions for how I might hack some fix for the missing plug. Maybe a suggestion for something better than silicone to hold the plug in place (it has to be flexible enough to allow the plug to move down to activate the switch).

Thanks.

Reply to
root

Assuming you can safely get inside, wire in a lead and then an external arrangement to do the same

Reply to
N_Cook