forgot to take a photo before dissassembly...

hi there, after 5 years of troubl free operation my monitor started giving me loss of color problems,so i pulled off the pcb on the crt and cleaned the pins with an emery cloth.

the color is back but i am noticing that in the centre of the screen the text is less sharp(focus?) now.

i am suspecting that i switched the order of some of the long wires which ground on the metal cage which encloses the pcb, there are 6 wires.they all connect to the same metal cage so i didnt think their sequence was important.

could this be the problem?i didnt touch any of the yoke adjustments.how else could i have effected screen sharpness. thx

Kind of doubt it. Maybe you bumped the focus pot on the flyback.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Try the focus pot on the back of the HV multiplier. Most of the time the multiplier is part of the flyback transformer assembly.

The focus at the extreme sides of the CRT may not be as sharp as in the centre. When adusting the focus you may have to compromise for this. This error has to do with the accuracy of the dynamic focus. Also, as the CRT becomes weaker with age, the dynamic focus spec will change.

What I like about the LCD monitors is that there are no convergence, purity, or focus errors.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.