Ford car stereo F87F-18C815-BB drains car battery.

Excellent point about the leading zero when displaying numbers less than zero. I will adopt that format.

I finally did get in touch with the owner and I was told that the battery is holding up quite nicely. I probably should have mentioned that during the initial inspection, there was a bit of corrosion on the positive battery terminal post which was cleaned off. The connecting terminals to the battery cables were also cleaned.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Somewhere in my shop I used to have a book will those bulbs listed. I'm fairly certain it had current ratings. I'll do some hunting and let you know.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Somewhere around here I have a Wagner Lighting catalog (on dead tree slices) that has most of the automotive lamps in it. I was looking for an update to it recently and found

, whose interior pages look almost exactly like the Wagner catalog.

Unfortunately the Sunray catalog above doesn't have a #54. #53 is a G-3.5 bulb (0.463" sphere) rated at 14.4 V, 0.12 A, 1.0 mean spherical candlepower. #55 is a G-4.5 bulb (0.588" sphere) rated at 7.0 V,

0.41 A, 2.0 MSCP.

Hmm...

says #54 is G-3.5, 12 V, 1 A, 12 W. Somehow I kind of doubt 12 watts in this size bulb.

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thanks for the effort. You're going to kill me. It may have been a #27, half of 54, or even something else. I have one in a toolbox, complete with a socket and a couple wires.. If I can find it, I'll post the bulb number and the resistance.

Reply to
micky

That's true. Although I t hink the net is the underlying problem. I worked in an election in 1970 where we lost by 4 votes out of 50,000 cast, and there's basically nothing about it on google. (And even though I was from out of town, I talked to 4 people the next day who said they meant to vote for my guy, but didn't get around to it. )

Wow.

Wow. Bad switch design, I guess. I can imagine a closed switch not being well closed, but open should surely be open. I guess I should check my brake lights now.

Reply to
micky

It's just 12 volts... wear rubber gloves if you're that worried. :)

Well, the cold resistance. I measured an 1157 tail lamp bulb hot and cold and the hot resistance was 11 to 12 times greater than the cold.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

What good will that do? The cold resistance is no clue as to the operating current due to the non-linear characteristics of incandescent lamps.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell