flyback transformers

how do they get the flyback tranformer inside LCD Tellies? do they have the ultra thin variety.

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man w

no need for a flyback in LCD

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

LCD monitors and TV sets do not use a flyback transformer. They also do not have scanning circuits, or a high voltage supply as like in a CRT set. The design philosophy of the LCD set is very deferent than that of a CRT set.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

Actually they do have high voltage supply -- for fluorescent backlight lamps. Not the kind of voltage CRT has, but enough to bite some DIYer. Just in case.

-- Anatoly

Reply to
Anatoly

I would not compare the lamp ballast supply to that of a flyback. To me it is just a simple lamp supply with an inverter that puts out a number of hundreds of volts to run the back lights.

--

JANA _____

-- Anatoly

Reply to