Flaky Inspra LCD monitor/TV

I have an Inspra brand LCD monitor/TV that's always OK when you first power it on, but over time (some tens of minutes) it'll stop responding to its control buttons. Typically the video input will continue to be displayed for ...awhile... more (sometimes up to an hour), but eventually it flakes out as well (display freezes, ends up with garbage characters through it, etc.). The 'power' button is just as likely to be ignored as the other buttons are (volume, menu, select, etc.). It's been slowly getting worse, working for less and less time before misbehaving.

As far as I can tell, the model number is 2K702M. It's the one on the left at this web page:

I want to believe this could be something as simple as some bad solder joints that tend to warm up and then no longer make proper contact with the pins of some component. Anyone think this is likely? Or something else?

I'd love to find a schematic (or even the manufacturer's web site!) for this thing...

Thanks,

---Joel Kolstad

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Somewhat amusingly, it appears that a guy on eBay has one of these monitors with similar problems! -->

Joel Kolstad

Most likely there are components that have become heat sensitive. This can be serviced by someone who is properly equiped and trained to this type of work.

As for any service manuals or factory parts, these are not available from the manufacture. If the monitor requires any propriotory parts, there are non available.

During the warrenty period, these monitors are normaly serviced at the modular level by their authorised service reps. They change the defective module, and then do the re-calibration to match it. After warranty, these models are considered throw-aways.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.