Faulty Samsung SV-665B

Hi All, I was given a faulty Samsung VCR from a friend. All the symbols and LED segents lite-up as soon as the power is applied. And also the unit refuse to play video, the screen goes blank as soon as the play button is been pressed.

The AL15V supply measured only 12.83V but all other is supply is fine. I have replaced the 330uf filtering caps on the 15V but the open load (with the filtering choke removed) voltage still only measured 13.78V. Shorted transformer? I have try injecting a 15V from my bench supply into the 15V supply but still no go.

Any help will be appreciated

Ben

Reply to
brobinson963