Envision EN-710e

My Dad has an old monitor he would like repaired. This Envision 710-e has the following symptoms:

raster is very dim and has decreased by about one-third, not a front panel adjustment problem.

diagonal lines across what is left of the raster.

hissing sound coming from transformer (not flyback) in SMPS.

I swapped the transformer from my (same model) monitor and it didn't help. I also checked semiconductors with a multimeter (I know, not much of a test) and didn't find any shorts or opens. I also checked electrolytic caps with an ESR meter and they seem to be O.K.

Can anyone help fix this old monitor? The landfill doesn't need any more electronics tossed in it. Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Bill W.

I guess I should have mentioned in the original post that I touched-up any suspect solder joints.

Reply to
Bill W.

Bill W. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

B.S.

Off hand, check diodes and capacitors around the flyback transformer

me

How many hours on it?

start by changing: main filter cap. cap(s) on b+ line /psu secondary (typically 160v) rgb filter cap (typically rated at least 200v around 2.2-10uF)

Measure the b+, I've found this is critical in the case of raster size probs.

if there are still retrace lines, study the g2 or g2 bias circuit, you may have an open resistor it is possible too that the line transformer has become faulty. good luck

-B.

Try replacing C907 150uF 400v. I have seen a few of these caps fail with the symptoms you have....ESR checks usually find it though. Good luck.

Reply to
JustFixItEd