Energizer 2013 AA Cell already leaking

I goofed(tm). Two batteries in series do not add the Amp-Hr capacity. My thanks to Dave Platt for the correction.

That should be: 2000 / 25 = 80 hrs = 3.4 days

That should be: 2000 / 17520 = 114 ua

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Intent and practice aren't necessarily the same. Alkaline cells often "discharge" or develop a fuzzy crud. Duracells are notorious for liquid leaks, while Evereadys have never caused me problems. (Other people report exactly the opposite.)

If the battery damaged the unit, contact the manufacturer. Duracell replaced the case of a dictation machine its batteries had damaged.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

A year or so back I picked up a Micronta 22-206 FET multimeter in almost NOS condition in it's box.

Inside the meter were an original Radio Shack C cell and a 9V battery.

Both were dead, but absolutely NO sign of leakage (lucky me).

The dates of the unit and batteries were about 1975 IIRC.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

I registered a complaint on the energizer web site, we'll see if they respond or if I have to actually call them.

Reply to
hrhofmann