Emerson Accupower UPS

I have an Emerson Accupower model 20. It is an european model so the battery is 24v. The charging circuit is rather clever, consisting of an extra winding in the transistor fed with an optoisolator and triac. The switching mosfet's internal diodes then work as rectifiers. However, it's not charging properly. If I replace the batteries with a capacitor, the voltage stabilizes around 19 volts, and the 24v battery gets completely depleted then.

Should I really bother with repairing it at all or just hook up a separate small float charger?

Reply to
Jussi Peltola

It sounds like you need the proper battery replacement. The charger in these is fairly sophisticated and is able to sense the battery characteristics. We are using a few of the 120 VAC versions of that UPS.

In any of the UPS's we have, we found that after 3 years, the batteries must be replaced.

--

JANA _____

Should I really bother with repairing it at all or just hook up a separate small float charger?

Reply to
JANA