Electrolytic Capacitor Leak on some 875 & 865 based motherboards

Just a heads up on Electrolytic Capacitor Leakage on some 875 & 865 based products.

Products Affected:

Intel® Desktop Boards D865GBF, D875BZL, D865GLC, D845EPI, D865PERC, D865GRH, D865PERL, D845GVSR, D865PESO, D845GLVA, D865GWV, and Intel® Entry Server Board S875WP1-E.

Reply to
JW

I ordered an Aopen MB from MCM awhile back and even though the packaging had never been opened before, all of the caps on the motherboard were swollen.

I was unab'e to find any evidence of prior use and concluded that the caps went bad from the board simply sitting on the shelf in a warehouse somewhere.

MCM offered to send me a replacement, but I figured they'd just send me another board with the same problem so instead I just kept the board and replaced all of the caps with hopefully superiorPanasonic caps from Digkey

Fortunately the board worked and in fact, I just typed this post on it :-)

Reply to
Dave Moore

That's the first time I've heard of caps swelling on an *unused* board. I happen to have an Aopen s661FXm (gulp) What was the model number of your board? Also, what was the brand name of the bad caps?

Thanks!

Reply to
JW