"Don't wiz on the electric fence..."

I've heard of botched circumcisions happening several times, it seems there's one in the news every few years. Perhaps you're remembering the incident(s) at Northside Hospital circa 1986. I recall that one well not only because it was widely publicized in the news, but also the Atlanta Macintosh Users Group newsletter had the following public service notice: "The annual weenie roast at Northside Hospital has been cancelled."

Reply to
Ben Bradley

You can get a half inch spark from static electricity made purely by friction between two surfaces. It's high voltage but very little current. It's current that kills - hence an electric fence producing high voltage but little current.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, that was the original meaning. The word awesome used to have a similar connotation.

Reply to
Brenda Ann

Quite so. And so it is with "appalling".

But apart from that, "horrific" does not mean "to make" anything; it's an adjective. try "(to) horrify" as the verb.

Don't they teach these kids anything these days?

Repeat after me: "An acre is the area of a rectangle whose length is one furlong, and whose width is one chain."

Martin

Reply to
Fleetie

Pink Floyd?

Reply to
Brenda Ann

Well done! :-)

It suits a semi-ex-goth very well, "The Wall". I'm a miserable lonely insular person who alienates all his erstwhile friends. It's uncanny actually. "Animals" is my other favourite. I got an original first pressing vinyl from eBay for not much. I was very pleased. Also a "Meddle" from 1971, the year of my birth, that had _no_ scratches or clicks on one side, and few on the other. I remarked at the time: If only I were as well-preserved as that piece of plastic that's existed as long as I have!

Martin

Reply to
Fleetie

Yes, and don't forget that 'furlongs per fortnight' is a valid measurement of speed.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bento

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat? You! Yes, you! Behind the bikesheds...

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bento

Yes, but only for measuring the speed of snails, slugs and turtles. :)

Reply to
Brenda Ann

Or sex.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

">>

drifting waaaay OT, but last month at a swap meet I picked up a video tape for a dollar marked "pink floyd in Pompei" - early 70s, pretty nostalgic including nostalgic production values - am I the only one in the universe to have seen this?

"careful with that ax"

Reply to
Bill Noble

On 07 Apr 2009, "Bill Noble" wrote in rec.audio.pro:

Probably not...

Nil

or this (and more)

Don Pearce

I remember going to see that as a feature movie once upon a time. Got it a year ago on DVD.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

yep,that's it - though I must admit that the quality of the video tape is better than the youtube snippet - odd how the video distorts at each bass note - I didn't realize that the video and audio codecs were intertwined in some way.

now back to the 30s, we will leave the 70s behind.

Reply to
Bill Noble