Does anyone know how badly designed the conical LG washer/dryer drain filter unit is?

Not to be snarky, but you do not wallow much in grease, do you? No detergent under those conditions just spreads a very fine coating of grease on everything. True, though, there *is* less on the clothes thereby.

I thought we had gotten away from pounding clothes with rocks streamside....

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Arthur Clarke was right. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Apparently, this includes washing machines for some folks.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

gent under those conditions just spreads a very fine coating of grease on e verything. True, though, there *is* less on the clothes thereby.

No, you're quite right, if our job or hobby involves heavily soiled clothes we need the right amount of soap. Perhaps even in a climate where we swea t a lot.

But for the average person with an indoor sedentary job, student, etc., who changes clothes on a daily basis, the clothes never get very soiled.

Some years back there were these magic laundry balls, "bio ceramic," that w ere supposed to work without soap. When they were tested, they worked. So that lab also tried washing without them, and that worked too. There is p robably enough soap residue on clothes to get several washes.

Reply to
Tim R

Arthur C. Clarke's three laws of forecasting:

  1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

  1. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

  2. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

All three "laws" fit this venue nicely.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

I wouldn't use those Peerless traps on a top loading Whirlpool. The back pressure caused my washer to leak. I put a lint trap on the sink drain. No more leaks.

Reply to
Chuck

I'll eventually be fixing the dryer side too. It's 54 YO, but it has some leaks. So, it needs a little help.

Reply to
Ron D.

Nope. water here is really cheap. They don't even bother to meter it on most buildings. It's an all you can eat buffet. It's good water too, by the away.

I add TSP to all loads of wash.

plants are good, right?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Bingo. Less soap residue on your clothes too.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I wouldn't use the Peerless lint traps on a top loader Whirlpool. The back pressure caused my washer to leak. I put a trap on the sink drain and no more leaks.

Reply to
Chuck