Digital Camcorder Problems

I have a problem with a JVC GR-D72US digital camcorder that I've had for about a year and a half.

When in recording mode the LCD & Viewfinder shows redish and bluish lines all accross. They are real close together. No image. Everything works perfectly in playback mode.

If the lens cap is on, the camera displays a flashing lens cap message; which is normal. When the lens cap is removed the symptoms as decribed above appears.

It was working fine while I was recording something one day, and all of a sudden the lines appeared all at once and it hasn't worked since then.

Thanks

Reply to
ty.masse