Dell LCD monitor E171FPb has gone 'white screen'. Any known issues ?

My neighbour's monitor failed as described whilst he was simply browsing.

The screen is almost totally white with a very faint visible pattern part of which for example moves when the mouse is moved. Removing and re-applying power made no difference. The computer works fine with another display I loaned him.

Just wondering if there are any known issues with this monitor that might account for this.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Had this happen on a belinea and it was the little interface circuit, often under a metal cover right on the back of the panel, i was lucky and salvaged one off a cracked panel. This solved the white screen problem.

Cheetah

Reply to
CheetahHugger

that sounds like a *problem* not an 'issue' ! is it still under guarantee? many of these units are prohibitive to fix and spares are hard or impossible to come by.

-B

power

him.

That expired long ago.