DC Wave Questions

are? And

There seems to be a consensus that, since no signal is absolutely stable with time, then DC must not exist. That does simplify life.

John

DIE THREAD!!!!!!!

Reply to
Brian

Using the usual meaning of "freezing" which is the transition from liquid to solid, that graph shows "freezing" occurring at 273K over a million to one range in pressure. I would say that the statement "While the boiling point of water is dependent on pressure, the freezing point, I believe, is not" is essentially true- to all except a nitwit like you.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Atta boy, Kevin. Ratch

Reply to
Ratch

solid, that graph shows "freezing" occurring at 273K

It does not. The straight part of the liquid/solid phase boundary covers less than 5 orders of magnitude. "Over a million to one" would be more than 6 orders of magnitude.

on pressure, the freezing point, I believe, is not"

In a discussion that has involved sublimation, to exclude that part of the phase space would be essentially silly.

Off your meds again, Fred? I expect you to be more careful with your graph reading before breaking into your frothing-at-the-mouth modes.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

What happened to the ground rules you mentioned? Being correct isn't one of them?

Tell us more about AC, so we can laugh again. Then come back to this, for more!

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com

What's the matter John, are you bitter that several people, who do understand the theory and practice, have said you are wrong...

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

John Fields wrote: (snip)

If you are willing to consider extreme conditions, not only does the freezing point change, but there are many ice phases, each structurally distinct and with temperature and pressure boundaries.

John Popelish

Ladies and Gentlemen--jackbruce9 has left the building. ;-))

Tut

Reply to
cnctut

Didn't see this response, so piggy-backing my reply.

There are literally hundreds of references on the web about DC, AC and Transient Analyses. Browse some of the simpler overviews, and you will see that the mathematical differences are clearly defined, and that's what it's all about. The math determines the signal type. It is my belief that the widespread disagreement is due to participants that just like to argue a lot.

--
Al Brennan

"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9,
 then you would have a key to the universe." Nicola Tesla
Reply to
Kitchen Man

Anyone who went to university studying a natural science will know the meaning of all of these terms and the others expose their ignorance by speculating and making up instead. You clearly belong to the last category.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

solid, that graph shows "freezing" occurring at 273K

Bull- it goes from 10^3 to 10^9 Pa, idiot.

on pressure, the freezing point, I believe, is not"

There is no discussion- the statement was about water "freezing", pseudo-intellectual.

More of your parroting insults from other mediocre and pretentious garbage like yourself? Like I say- you are typical USENET garbage, all mouth and heap of worthless garbage in the physical world. My, how that keyboard empowers unskilled nobodies...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

That is the pseudo-intellectuals for you, speculating about elementary definitions- and later on you find even a second order network is hopelessly beyond their abilities of computation. They are worthless zeroes of the highest order. The original weakling who started the thread with his ignorant question offered no discussion about direct responses to its question, preferring instead to pseudo-intellectualize about the fundamental principles of terminology, in a weak and ineffective way- OP=ZEROID.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

--
No, they don't. ;^)
Reply to

--
Hey, asshole, I'm not the one who has to take his foot out of his
mouth every time he writes what he thinks is going to redeem him from

--
Not at all.  I'm always grateful when someone takes the time to
correct me and show me where I went wrong, since that increases my

But when a self-important know-nothing windbag like you comes along
making baseless proclamations and spouting opinions like they were
gospel it _does_ annoy me.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Interesting.

Thanks, John!

BTW, from another thread and just as an aside, I went over to my
friend's sign shop and checked some known-good neon sign transformers
using the same meters I used to check the ones I have here, and it
turns out my transformers are defective. :-(
Reply to
John Fields

John, you can't have it both ways. You say the above is what you do, but what you actually *do* is the next paragraph:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

When will that begin?

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

"Don Bowey" schreef in bericht news:BED47A76.5B46% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net...

misnomers.

and

learn

more

want

Go on folks, this is all very bloody important.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

triple point ring a bell?