Dart thrown at LCD pc monitor

I assume it punctured the active surface as a small hole shows permanently white . I would have expected a line and or row or a few such lines to be non-funtioning, at least one side of the hole, why not?

Reply to
N_Cook

Dart likely thrown from a drone, hence no collateral damage.

Reply to
c4urs11

Get an automobile windscreen glass repair kit. Plug the hole. Set the background color to white and you'll see less of the white dot.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

If it actually punctured the LCD, there would be much more serious effects. I'd guess it only took out a bit of the front polarizer.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

permanently

be

is

in the

I'll have to find a piece of polarizor film and see if colours return in that spot Then how to cut a tiny bit of the film and plug the hole

Reply to
N_Cook

Polarizor film at the right angle does bring back to normal, whether a little circle of it over the hole is more objectionable than permanent hite - debatable.

Reply to
N_Cook

Have you done this? Seems like a very tiny "drop" of something grey or black would be better. Maybe that epoxee that comes out grey, either PC-70 or the one in tubes which is thinnebut if you get a small enough bit, maybe it won't run. The second is famous but I can't remember the name.

II've used the windshield repair kit and the tube that the stuff is pumped through is at least 3mm. Won't that cover lots of lcds?

Reply to
micky