Customers - don'tcha just luv 'em ...?

Just been mending a Technics stack system with a 5 disc multichanger CD / DVD unit. Changer was jammed. The disc that was jamming it was a CD called "Church Bells of Kent". Fair enough. And what was the other disc in the stack ? A DVD called "Ben Dover's Dirty Blondes" !!!!

When I'd wiped the tears away, I played it. Very good it was too ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

So did you watch the DVD, too?

Reply to
Smitty Two

I'm copying it right now for all my mates ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:50:18 +0100, "Arfa Daily" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Actually it's "Church Belles of Kent".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

LOL ! Yeah, that I could have bought, but the disc is *genuinely* bloody church bells - 14 tracks of 'em - clanging away in the awful dischordant way that they have ...

That's what made me laugh so much about the whole situation. The owner must have been mortified when it jammed up his player, leaving the dirt DVD stuck inside. I will make a point of wrapping it in a sheet of paper, marking it "Owner's Discs Enclosed", and taping it to the outside of the unit, just so's he knows when he comes into the shop, that we've all had a good look and a larf at his expense !

Takes you back to the days of VCRs with the carriage crowbarred out, and a flustered owner claiming that he just *had* to get the tape out, because it was due back at the video rental shop :-)

Arfa

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

LOL! A story worthy of the much missed LLJ Arfa. Come to think of it, maybe we should have an annual Les Lawry-Johns award for the "best customer tale". Aaah, those were the days.....

Roy

Reply to
Old TV Repairman

In message , Arfa Daily writes

Me to, I went through every back issue I could find of Television when I was a trainee and made sure I found his articles.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

I used to remove some really nasty tapes jammed in customer VCRs.

Reply to
Meat Plow