CTC211

Bit of help here if one should feel so inclined. Shutdown in around

45-50 seconds. It was long enough for me to determine that sweep was working, and even though the convergence WFs were screwed up there was no great offset.

The waveform looked like it was disabled during about 4/5ths of the frame. No, I can'r say that, I saw the bowtie and that occurs during the frame, not retrace.

Seems possible the the vertical was running low, not being triggered.

I did check, and it does have vertical sweep, next is to turn up a G2 to see something, It should have something in that amount of time.

Or perhaps the ABL load resistor is open ? Hmmmmm.

Would make sense, as soon as the tubes are warmed up, it thinks it's in a HV overcurrent situation and shuts down. I'll have to look into that, even printless as I am. Realistically, this is only like the third one of these in about a year and a half,

The fact that it takes so long to shut down has to be indicitave of something. Is it something based on beam current or is it a timeout of some sort ?

Also, this unit does not try to restart, one strike and it is out. Over voltage out the power supply ? Am I correct asssuming whatever I read was right, that nominal B+ is 68 volts (I assume in 480P),

I would almost assume this was an auto shutoff feature, but now I don't think so. It needs to be unplugged to come back on. And there is never anything on the screen.

Thanks for any pointers on this.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly