combining 2 power supplies

How many people have a pair of Opterons though? I thought we were talking consumer PCs?

Reply to
James Sweet

is

in the

Reply to
crazy frog

need 1/4

Now,

can

would

down).

Reply to
crazy frog

"The DC output voltages shall rema "No damage or hazardous condition should occur with all the DC output connectors disconnected from the load. The power supply may latch into the shutdown state."

So, it shouldn't blow up under very light or no load conditions, but the exact values needed for proper operation may not be obvious.

And, the existence of this specification document doesn't necessarily imply that all Far East ATX power supplies are fully compliant.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Don't believe 'more than one website'. Look at the specs for your drives. The makers website will list exact startup currents.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

is

in the

Reply to
crazy frog

the article im talking obout is for at power sups and cannot fined it online, i had it someware will try to fined it.

above

Reply to
crazy frog

is

in the

Reply to
crazy frog

So what? Does it say the specification allows for that high a resistor or just that someone did a project and it worked, and you did a project and it worked? The article doesn't appear to be archived, so are you going to share what it says?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anyth> >

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

You contact me via my Web site and I'll reply with a valid email address.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

is

in the

Reply to
crazy frog

the silicon chip aricles are copyright i cannot send it. but just take my word for it.

47ohm to 100ohm. or you will have to log on to them and ask them. sorry about that.

address.

above

Reply to
crazy frog