Cheapest decent analog meter?

AHEM. I wrote "analog." I have digital meters.

Reply to
bryanlove

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote in news:1137235984.657832.124880 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Why use an analog meter ?

Please tell me why analog meters are more useful or better.

dave

Reply to
none

An analog meter is like a low frequency oscilloscope. Jerks and movement in the needle let you know that there are time variations in what you are measuring, extremely useful in trouble shooting. A digital meter only tells you what the average value was during the sample time of the meter. DVM's are only good for measuring values that are in a steady state.

Chuck P.

Reply to
MOP CAP

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote in news:1137235984.657832.124880 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

A cheap analog meters is at Radio Shack. Or Simpson and Triplett for a bit more money.

Reply to
Customer

MOP CAP wrote in news:140120061017382050% snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com:

GOD Bless You for your non sarcastic and honest reply to an uninformed and curiuos creature.

dave :'>

Reply to
none

Smitty Two wrote in news:prestwhich- snipped-for-privacy@news.west.cox.net:

digital

A very informative and helpfulll reply. Thanks!.

I sorta like HUDS.

One idea is to direct transmit the info into the brain for instantaneous feedback.

dave :'>

Reply to
none

Lots of them on ebay.

Reply to
Michael Ware

MOP CAP phrased it best when he said an analog meter is like a low frequency scope. With a digital meter I have more trouble telling whether changes in readings are normal or due to something significant, but with an analog meter I can almost always tell the difference instantly.

Reply to
bryanlove

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote in news:1137316043.634147.115730 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If you do that much troubleshooting and if readings are so critical for analysis, why not buy an oscilloscope ?

Modern 'scopes are capable of multiple on screen readings as well as visual aides to troubleshooting.

( you may enjoy being able to repair complex electronics with the aid of beerskins and stoned knives :'> )

dave

Reply to
none

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote in news:1137316043.634147.115730 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Here are some good deals >>>

~CLT-INTR

dave :'>

Reply to
none

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@fe03.buzzardnews.com:

You may have to copy the above links into a text editor, before you can copy and paste into a browser.

Reply to
none

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote in news:1136089037.192006.138530 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
none

Because I don't need a second 4-ch digital scope.

Reply to
bryanlove