Cd player adjustments

Hello,

I have a Luxman D-113D Cd player and I can't find information, schematics or service manual.

This player have some problem with the adjustments. In the board I can see the next potentiometers:

FOCUS

T.E BALANCE

F.GAIN

T.GAIN

VCD

Can someone give me some rules to adjust this trimmers?

Regards,

Santiago

Reply to
Sansegu

Hi!

How do you know it is a matter of adjustment? It could be any like a bad pickup or mechanical problem, tell us more about your problem. If your intention is to adjust this by yourself a scope is a real good friend. Some people adjust by listening but I wouldn't recommend that.

Bjorn

"Sansegu" skrev i meddelandet news:d28qap$jo1$ snipped-for-privacy@nsnmpen3-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net...

or

Reply to
Rifleman

The problem is that I modified this trimers, and now the player can't play all the cd's. Only the perfect and immaculate cd's are played.

When I touch the FOCUS trimmer the system works, but not perfectly.

Then, I suspect that the player (the optic, the laser) is ok, but I missed the correct adjustment.

"Rifleman" escribió en el mensaje news:p3T1e.133484$ snipped-for-privacy@newsc.telia.net...

about

schematics

see

Reply to
sansegu

See the CD player repair guide at the site below. Assuming nothing else is wrong, you should be able to get back to a working state with the adjustments. But if you were attempting to fix a problem that wasn't an adjustment, then you will at best be back where you started.

As as noted below, test equipment and a service manual will be needed to achieve optimal performance.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anyth> The problem is that I modified this trimers, and now the player can't play

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Hi Sam, It is an honor to talk to you. Your sites have helped me many times.

question about CD players.

What is the key diff between CD players that can play CD-RW and those that can't.

Is it just the laser power level or is it something else. If it's just the power, would turning the power up a bit (I know the risks) help?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

(Butting in...)

Has to do with reflectivity at audio CD laser diode frequency, and threshold detection level of the RF amp and decoder circuits.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I agree. The laser power might be different but many factors contribute to the ability to read various formats. Could be more sophisticated front end circuitry - or luck. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Sam: Hi, I have been into audio for some time now and I notice that identical make/model cd players often sound quite differently. Can these differences be adjusted out using the focus , tracking or other pot controls? If so , what should I try first? I beleive I can discern the difference audibly. Thanks much , Wayne

Reply to
wayle45

what differences do you think you hear?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Of course the variables in the system are the two players- the volumes are set the same and the electronics have similiar "on" times. The difference is quite audible- one player sounding rich and slightly dull; the other quite a bit brighter- both players provide good reproduction. The audibility of subtle changes , such as fuse type, can make a difference , Wayne

Reply to
wayle45

"fuse type" can make a difference? Excuse me? :)