car burned cd's

Hi...

Wonder if any of you might have any opinions on which brand of blank cd media (preferably available in Canada) might be most likely to play well in car cd players?

So far discovered that the no name incredibly cheap ones are virtually useless, whereas Memorex is much better... they play, but take a long time "starting" :)

Are any known to be more reflective?

Thanks, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Not sure about specific manufacturer but I only use discs that are silver, never other colors. Also it helps to burn the discs at a slower speed. I beleive it "burns deeper" making the disc easier to read in any unit that might have a problem.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

This may be an issue of the car CD player.

I gather that something old enough are either unable to play burned CDROMs or have problems. They date from before CDRs were common, and there is enough of difference (after all, CDRs are burned while commerical CDROMs are "pressed") that the old circuits don't work. More recent players have been fixed up to ensure that they do work.

It might also be an issue of a dirty lense in the cd player. I was having some problems last year with a boombox and some cheap CDRs, and it was so bad that I assumed the CDRs were bad. But when I cleaned the lens in the boombox, they were fine.

A dirty lens is bound be a common problem in a car environment.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I once heard from a reliable source to avoid Taiwan=produced blanks, and use Japanese ones...that may be an over-generalization.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Reply to