Cap ID & value?

Thus spake ehsjr:

-=-=-=-

Thanks for your reply, Ed.

The first of the caps has a tapered end which I presume is some kind of polarity indication. (See my new post with correct links to photos.) Doesn't this make it some kind of electrolytic? Or tantalum?

--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

Why don`t you just take that cap that you have to your local parts store and ask them to match you up to the right one or even go to your local radioshack to see if they can help you. It is obvious that we cannot see your cap to tell you what it is to be able to help you in the way that you would like to be helped. Plus why are you replacing these caps if you don`t know what type they are and if that is the case how do you know that these caps are bad ????

Reply to
tvguy

This looks like a tantalum electrolytic cap.

I think you have the photos for 1st and 2nd items reversed.

Photo 1 is definitely a polarised cap (probably tantalum). Pic only shows +15M plus the date code 9140. So is this meant to be the

474k/+35M item?

Photo 2 is possibly KEMET AXIMAX X7R 100nF dielectric ceramic cap for which I gave the datasheet link on another NG.

No. 3rd item is a metal film resistor. As you have shown it in the photo the color code reads from R to L as RED, RED, BLACK, GOLD, BROWN (?) Please confirm last color band. If I am correct this is a 22 ohm

1% tolerance 0.25W resistor. Can you remove it and measure it with an ohm-meter?

Ross Herbert

Reply to
Ross Herbert