can bad cap = hot motor?

ap for a very short time, so they must be robust enough to absorb that shoc k, repeatedly and reliably, in addition to the actual voltage involved. So, whereas the actual operating voltage may be say.... 240 VAC, the start-cap must be rated (at a minimum) of 150% of the operating voltage.

voltages are small, and the frequencies high.

apacitance than a start-cap (and whereas replacement voltage may be higher, replacement capacitance should remain very close or identical to OEM).

Of course motor rated caps have advantages. So do higher rated non-motor ca ps. But the key point the op appears to have not noticed is that his crude pape r cap has already lasted over 70 years. That is more than good enough.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We do not know that at all. What we do know is that *FINALLY* Eric has gotten around to dealing with it.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

What we do know, is that Tabby is consistent about posting irrelevant comments.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

So you suggested that I stuff the old cap with a new cap(s). I knew new motor run caps were too big to fit in the old cap case. You suggested I use modern caps with the same ratings. I wondered why motor run caps are still so much physically larger than caps with the same specs but which are not motor run caps. Then you post the answer above. I am not sure why you even bothered. Eric

etpm

I was going to go back in time to replace that cap but my time machine was serviced byb me after a few gins so instead I waited until I bought the grinder in real time, used it for a couple years, posted a question about it here and now I have a new cap coming. Eric

etpm

Good stuff with orange juice and 2 or 3 banana liquors. I wonder what an 80 year-old gin bottle would fetch today.

Reply to
bruce bowser

If you get that time machine working, go back to 1964 and tell Ford to use galvanized sheetmetal on the Mustang. Thanks.

Reply to
ohger1s

How do you teach a gin bottle to fetch?????

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

You can't teach an old gin bottle new tricks.

Reply to
RosemontCrest