Automower 330x base station schematics

The boundary wire for my Husqvarna 330x automover is 1200m long, so the signal is too weak for the mower to properly follow the boundary in and out.

Husqvarna does not have a signal booster for the 300 series, only the

200 series, neither do they have a secondary signal generator.

I want to boost the signal with an active amplifier, so a schematic would be helpful.

This signal would feed a loop going around some areas inside the main loop, which should not be mowed.

I've measured the signal with my dusty 'scope, and the signal seems to be a digital signal, either 2v or 0v into a 20 ohm loop.

It is 50hz with some code appended to the trailing edge.

I could try to simply use an audio amplifier, but I guess it would be better if I could replicate the base station.

So a schematic would be helpful.

Leif

--

beslutning at undlade det.
Reply to

nt har taget den idiotiske

Hi My Automower 330x stopped working after a lightning storm august 2015. I de livered it to the supplier, who found that the power supply was defect. The y also tested the base station and the robot on a small loop. That worked f ine.

Back in my garden I connected all the cables (I have a boundary loop and tw o guides, about 5-600 m) and the base showed green light. The robot, on the other hand, reported "no loop signal". I tried connecting different wires to AL, AR, G1 and G2 and received a variation of blue and green lights. I h ave now tested the whole wire system with a 12V battery and a lamp, and all cables are intact.

I have also tested the robot on a small loop, where it works. On a large lo op (with a new wire) it reports "no loop signal". Could the problem be that the signal from the base is weakend? Possibly from a nearby lightning stri ke?

Harald

Reply to
hrik62

Harald, I have exactly the same problem. Did you find any solution?

Anders

Reply to
hellmelt

I found the "secret" menus on the robot, where you can the signal strength and quality.

With a small test loop, the values seemed reasonable, and the the quality w as 100 (%?). With my large loop (that worked without problem before the thu nderstorm) the signal is 0, and the quality is 0. That's weird - what is th e problem, the loop itself, or the circuit board in the charging station?

You find the menus by pressing 0 for two seconds, and select "Info" and "lo op".

Anders

Reply to
hellmelt

My mower now works again! I had to change the board in the charging station .

/Ander

h and quality.

was 100 (%?). With my large loop (that worked without problem before the t hunderstorm) the signal is 0, and the quality is 0. That's weird - what is the problem, the loop itself, or the circuit board in the charging station?

loop".

Reply to
hellmelt

Em sexta-feira, 30 de maio de 2014 15:01:59 UTC+2, Leif Neland escreveu:

nt har taget den idiotiske

hi i have a problem with my husqvarna 315, the LCD screen has the error No Loo p signal and the light in the charger is strong green.

thanks

Reply to
erilira

According to the Husqvarna patent, the signal should be 40 Volt peak-to-pea k, each group of pulses is repeated at approx 80 Hz, the leading pulse is 1

00 microseconds and the following data pulses are 50 microseconds. The outp ut stage in the charging station is a push-pull stage driving the pulses 20 volts in one direction and then 20 volts in the opposite polarity, creatin g balances pulses at 40 volts peak-to-peak. Acc to the patent the maximum pulse current is about 2 amps. Then of course the patent is wide enough to accomodate similar solutions, s o the values I have given are not necessarily those used in practice. Howev er, because people can trace the signal with an old AM radio, the pulses wo uld have quite a lot of overtones which indicate short pulses as described in the paten. Unfortunately I have given away my old oscilloscope years ago, otherwise I would be lying in the grass analysing the signal....
Reply to
bo.forsberg