Audio amplifier thermal protection

Can anyone please offer advice on this? The unit is a Genexxa STAV-3150 Tuner Receiver belonging to a friend. The thermal protection has always been too sensitive; then the sleep timer was accidentally switched on whilst the speakers were being disconnected (my friend is academically bright but sometimes manually inept). Now "the protection circuit won't switch out".

Can the protection be reset? Has further damage occurred? He wants a circuit diagram; I've tried Google, Yahoo, Jeeves, Alltheweb, AltaVista:- no joy. Can anyone help?

Reply to
jmarsh1000

in some units there are reset sequences you need to perform if it has a digital system in it. commonly you hold in one or 2 buttons on as you power up the unit to reset it. i would go to the websight and check that.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Thanks Jamie. I'll look into this.