ATX 2702 CH 10C

Hi all, working on this Apex AT2702 it have this green spot up in the left coner. it look like it need degaussing or maybe setting too close to some type of magnet, well i degassed it and it went out but when turn off and turn it back on it reapears have anyone ever had this problem? thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jonesy82

"Jonesy82" bravely wrote to "All" (25 Oct 05 18:25:06) --- on the heady topic of "ATX 2702 CH 10C"

Jo> From: "Jonesy82" Jo> Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:346267

Jo> Hi all, Jo> working on this Apex AT2702 it have this green spot up in the left Jo> coner. it look like it need degaussing or maybe setting too close to Jo> some type of magnet, well i degassed it and it went out but when turn Jo> off and turn it back on it reapears have anyone ever had this problem? Jo> thanks in advance.

It might be a problem with the vertical blanking. Perhaps a bad bypass cap or zener bias diode in the vertical circuitry. It might be a piece of dust in the green gun or maybe the mask. I think this type of problem is called a "ghoul". Is it a fuzzy spot or does it have a sharp outline or partly either on one side or the other?

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Well I defragged my TV and went all the way back to basic cable!

Reply to
Asimov