articulated vise skirt bellows replacement

A small articulated bench vise has a rubber skirt bellows that needs replacement.

No brand name anywhere on the thing. Have had it for years.

Anyone familiar with the part?

It covers the ball joint, preventing ingress of shavings and lube contaminants. Is beyond simple repair with adhesives.

RL

Reply to
legg

Google "car shift lever boot". E.g.:

BobEngelhardt

Most of these automotive parts are larger and use screws.

I could probably cut one down and glue it - 4.5 x 3.0 inches.

. . . or I could sew one out of vinyl upholstery material.

Rubber boots are still the ~cheapest footwear out there and one of the few things still manufactured in Canada.

RL

Reply to
legg