AOC color monitor model 4S - very dark picture

Hi!

I own a AOC 14 inch color PC monitor, model 4S. It says in the back label that it was manufactured last March 24, 1994 and its FCC ID is ARSCM8220. This machine was once very dependable until one day the screen got very dark - almost invisible. Thanks to my 20/20 vision, I can still see a very dim picture. I've already tried adjusting the brightness and contrast all the way up, but still there's no improvement.

I'd like some help to find a schematic diagram or, better yet, a service manual for this thing, so I can rely on it to repair this previously dependable monitor.

junbal2005

Reply to
junbal2005

On 16 Aug 2005 06:03:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

Carefully measure the grid (~500V) and cathode voltages (~150-200V) on the CRT board. I'm not familiar with your monitor, but often this type of fault is due to a shorted capacitor across the G2/Screen pin.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

check the heater voltage is ok. if it dc volts check the filter cap on that rail, thay can go leaky and voltage will drop.

Reply to
crazy frog