Anyone need a dinosaur, err, NEC 3D monitor?

Works great, would be fine for that PC in the crawl space. :) Pay shipping.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

I had one and really enjoyed it, at work, back in the late 1980s.

Which modern VGA modes will it do?

Reply to
mc

Modern VGA modes??? :)

A whopping 800x600 NI or 1024x768 interlaced. :)

I just hate throwing stuff away that works.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

That suggests it might be useful in the video industry. I wonder if a local TV station would want it. Or a video production outfit.

Reply to
mc

Or someone who works on arcade games?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bingo! He should promote it to the arcade game repair community. It was the universal monitor of the mid-1980s, so it should work well with older games.

Reply to
mc

Now, if I could just get rid of 90+ SVGA monitors. :(

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good points. So, maybe I'll just stuff it in a corner of the attic and hope it grows in value. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Actually, I just checked and it doesn't do NTSC. Darn.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

If you had a Repair Brief for it, I'm sure that would boost the value. "As seen in the sci.electronics.repair FAQ, maybe even Radio Electronics, the famous NEC 3D Monitor, that I wrote about finding at a garage sale for $3 and fixing it with a couple of parts".

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Don't a lot of arcade monitors run in RGB at NTSC frequencies?

BTW, I have a stack of working Commodore 1702 monitors. If my church ever gets their act together, I'll "Loan" them the composite NTSC monitors for their effort to put their services on the local access channel.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

BTW, did you ever fix that piece of equipment that I sent you the six pin plug for?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

HeHeHe... I built the cable but have yet to fire it up. Not fixing the equipment but setting it up. It's still in the queue of things to do though. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

You're getting to be as bad as me. I guess I'll have to take some pictures to show why a lot of projects didn't get finished.