another power supply question.

Hello all, what are he reasons a SMPS blows a cap (on the secondary side) 1 or 2 minutes after the PS is turned on? Anyone?

thanks, Gary.

Reply to
onyxx

"onyxx" wrote in news:1126889195.978931.277150 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

you put it in backwards?

me

Too much voltage Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

You are using the correct grade of capacitor? 'Ordinary' ones won't do.

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Newsgroups

You beat me to it. That would be my first guess for a likely cause.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

News==----