Acer Travelmate 4601WLMi battery charging cct

Hello,

I have an Acer 4601WLMi laptop and I fear that the internal battery charger circuit has died. My screen keeps blipping between full brightness and reduced brightness (as for battery power) and the charge LED on the front of the unit does not always light. Also needless to say the battery is not lasting long....

Can anyone please give me some pointers of how to perform a repair and or what and where to look as its driving me mad. Also any good places recommended for sending for repair (UK)?

Many thanks in advance.

Gary

Reply to
Gazza

One thing you can try is to clean the contacts on both the battery and its mating pins in the computer (if you can get to them). It sounds like intermittent contact somewhere.

You might just get lucky.....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Hi!

It would be worthwhile to examine the power brick or the connector for it on the computer to see if either one has failed. It sounds like you're losing power input to the computer and it switches over to the battery as a result. If it were to happen enough, this could make charging the battery a very lengthy proposition. You might get lucky and find a bad line cord (most are detachable and therefore easily/cheaply replaced), frayed wire on the output side of the "brick" or a dirty connector.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh