AC/DC filter cap source?

What's a good place to get some good ones, reasonable? I've got several AA5 radios with hum and need to fix them. All my new old stock capacitors are dry. thanks Hank wd5jfr

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Digikey, Mouser, Newark, Allied Electronics, etc.

Use their search engine, search for particularly low ESR type in the sizes you need (or pick brand names and look on their online catalog pages for the part # for the sizes and voltage ratings). Nichicon and Panasonic are two popular brands among others.

You might find lower prices at some electronics surplus 'sites, but there may be no guarantee how old they already are and it's hit or miss what sizes and values are available in anything decent.

Reply to
emailaddress

Hank,

I have no idea what an AA5 is, but if it is a tube type set, you might also want to look at Antique Radio supply

as they have some multi-section caps. There is also a vendor call Radio Daze, but I'm not as familiar with them.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

AA5 (All American Five) was a five tube, transformerless, ac or C powered radio built with a series filament string. A typical tube lineup was:

35W4 Rectifier 50C5 Audio output. 12BE6 Local oscillator & mixer 12BA6 IF amplifier 12AV6 detector & 1st audio amp.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Hey Michael,

I have a comment about your sig. First of all WebTV still exsists? And second.. My ISP used to provide a NNTP server but unfortunately they don't any longer. I was a bit angry about that, but I couldn't use it away from home anyhow. Now I'm using giganews which seems to work ok.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

is owned by Microsoft, and is part of MSN. I saw some WebTv posts a few days ago.

Earthlink uses Giganews as their NNTP provider.