6802 clock

Here is a reasonable man.

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

You might want to check out one of the 6805 variants. They may still be in production. BTW, if you want to do it on the cheap, use a ~3.58MHz color burst crystal.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT

Using a 3.58MHz crystal used to be the smart way to get a cheap one, but I don't think TVs use them anymore.

I find resonators to be the optimum cost effective choice.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"> >>> Freescale suggests Rochester Electronics as a possible source, and

do

only

It's just for fun - I've got a few of them, and I always wanted to make a small system out of a 6800 family processor, ever since they were new. The

6802 means I can use the on board memory for the stack and not have any RAM - makes the minimalist retro system one chip smaller...when I get this one going, I'm gonna do a Z80 and maybe a TI 9900 - I've got plenty of chips from that era due to diligent scavenging, and now I've got a little free time to experiment...it's just for, you know...kicks...

Thanks all for the answer - I'm soldering in a 4 MHz can oscillator tonight...the LEDs will be blinking soon...

Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR Control-G Consultants snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

Reply to
Lee K. Gleason

CPU

4

frequency of

processor

MHz

in

don't

If frequency is not important, Ebay is a great source of cheap crystals. I got a bag of a couple hundred 8.something or other MHz crystals from there for a song a couple years ago, I've been using them for all my uC projects since then.

Reply to
James Sweet