2x Dell P1110 21" CRT monitors. #1 no picture, #2 very bright + retrace lines.

Hi all. First off, I have not posted in a newsgroup in almost 12 years! :)

I have two Dell P1110 21" CRT monitors with problems.

One of them was working fine then one day a mild "pop!" and the screen faded to black. I can still hear the resolution (relay??) click when I change the input selector with one of the inputs connected to a PC. Its manufacture date is "December 2000". Is this a simple fix? I am capable of replacing desecrate components.

The other monitor has been slowly getting brighter and now is very bright and very visible retrace lines. I understand there is a resistor I can change to correct this one? Its manufacture date is "June 2000"

I am fine with making one good working monitor out of the two. Any input is appreciated. Thanks- Colin

Reply to
colmor

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha escrito:

first one probably has a short in the deflection and will need proper troubleshooting, second one seems like the g2 bias voltage is incorrect, this is sometimes an open resistor like you mentioned, or faulty screen control on the line transformer. impossible to really diagnose by 'net. However, judging from your post, I would suggest you take the unit(s) to an experienced technician. neither are things you can fix yourself without considerable experience in this sort of repair. good luck, B.

Hi Colin,

For the too bright unit, first try using the 'colour return' feature available in the OSD controls, 'Color' - then "Easy' or 'sRGB'. You will see it as an option, but the monitor MUST be on (without going into power save mode) for a minimum 30 minutes before the option is available. If you have let the problem go too long, then it's unlikely this will work, but is worth a try. If Color Return does not do the job, the head on over to

for info on getting/using (freely available on the Net) Sony DAS alignment software to correct the problem. Also info there (if you go to the forum link on the page) on using the resistor method.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

These steps must be followed exactally. Hold down the middle button and power on Release middle button menu will ask for a 4 number code code is 7711 enter code w/arrow buttons,,middle button to go to next digit this is a timed response if you dont get it at first just keep trying till you get the 7711 push middle button for O.K.

New Screen Go to G1 reduce g1 fixed Joe.

judges123

If the repair starts looking expensive, $200+, think real hard about a

19" LCD. Actual "usable-viewable" screen size is almost the same as a 21" CRT and they can be had in the $250 for an off brand cheapie to $350 name brand with warranty, range. I'm just waiting for my last Mitsubishi to die to go that route.

tomh

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
tomh

They're not based on Sony trinitrons are they by any chance ? Dell have used Sony in the past. Check for the pure flat faceplate and the giveaway 2 'aperture screen' supporting wires that are visible if you look closely.

I ask since my Sony CPD-530E of similar vintage has recently developed retrace lines and poor contrast.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

CRTs still offer far better contrast and viewing angle IMHO. Not to mention not being tied to a single native resolution.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear